Second Generation NSX Specifications and Technical Information
- Ultra-rigid multi-material space frame is optimized for dynamics and safety
- Layout optimized for low center of gravity
- Rigid, all-aluminum subframe and mounts minimize pitch and roll
- All-aluminum suspension with third-generation magnetorheological (MR) dampers which respond more than 1000 times per second
- Rigid-mount electronic power steering (EPS) improves steering feel and response
- Aluminum GDC castings serve as joining points and ultra-rigid mounting points where parts of the chassis come together
- Stamped aluminum is used for lightweight closure panels on the rear floor, rear bulkhead, and B-pillars
- Highly rigid extruded aluminum beams comprise the majority of the space frame
- A-pillars and roof rails are formed from ultra-high strength steel using a new world-first process known as three-dimensionally-bent-and-quenched (3DQ)
- Key crush zones are produced using a world-first technology known as aluminum ablation casting to ensure crash safety performance while maintaining structural rigidity
Sport-Hybrid All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) producing a total of 573-hp, 476 lb-ft of torque
NSX Sport Hybrid SH-AWD applies true torque vectoring with every turn. The electric Twin Motor Unit (TMU) directs torque to each front wheel independently to maximize torque and traction as the turn is executed. The system allows earlier acceleration out of turns.
SH-AWD powertrain components:
- 3.5L DOHC Twin-Turbo V6
- 75-degree V-bank
- Longintudinally mounted
- 10.0:1 compression ratio
- Twin single-scroll turbochargers with electronic wastegates
- Direct and port fuel injection systems
- Variable Timing Control (VTC) intake and exhaust camshafts
- Dry sump oil system
- Drive-by-wire throttle system
- 500 HP @ 6500 – 7500 RPM (SAE Net) and 406 lb-ft of torque
- 9-speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)
- Electronically operated by steering wheel-mounted paddles
- Dual-cone synchronizers for 2nd – 5th gears
- High-efficiency hypoid bevel gear tooth shape
- Two oil rooms for high-capacity cooling
- Light, compact, integrated clutch case and differential carrier
- Lightweight, high-strength gearbox case
- Exclusive new higher-viscosity gear oil
- Direct-drive electric motor sandwiched between the V-6 and DCT, attached directly to the driveshaft for immediate torque and acceleration
- Intelligent Power Unit (IPU) contains the primary battery and and control system, positioned low behind the seats.
- Power Drive Unit (PDU) runs longintudinaly between driver and passenger, manages hybrid motor power and battery recharge
- Twin Motor Unit (TMU) independent left and right motors power the front wheels
0-60 MPH (97 km/h) in 2.7 seconds
Top speed 191 MPH (307 km/h)
The second generation NSX has four driving modes which adjust eleven different factors.
- Quiet – Near-silent all-electric mode. Gauges are illuminated a tranquil blue.
- Sport – Default mode, balancing a low and throaty sound from the engine and athletic handling for city driving. Gauges are illuminated light gray.
- Sport+ – Engine is full-throated, with faster shifting, more aggressive throttle, explosive acceleration, increased agility. Gauges are illuminated red with a yellow con-trail on the tach needle.
- Track – Optimized for circuit driving, the engine sound is unrestrained with the most aggressive acceleration and handling. The battery charge is kept at an ideal state even with prolonged aggressive driving. Launch Mode Control is enabled for maximum acceleration from a standstill. Gauges are illuminated bright red.
The components adjusted by the mode settings are:
- Electronic Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
- Electric Steering Assist
- Electric Torque Vectoring
- Electric Brake Assist
- Active Suspension Damper
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Operation
- Accelerator Mapping
- Shift Mapping
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Engine Sound
- Battery Management
[table id=1 /]